Budgeting for your wedding is a delicate balance for all couples. As newlyweds, you’re the centrepiece – with all eyes on you! Your first traditional joint task is to cut your cake, a wedding treat full of memories! Cake designers will always work with your budget, but here are
a few tips to consider.
- Don’t assume everyone likes cake, consider catering for 80 per cent of your guests.
- Cut your cake and have stunning pictures taken before the wedding breakfast. Slices can be served as your wedding breakfast dessert cutting down on the cost of the meal.
- Pick stunning sparkly tier, flowers (fresh, silk or sugar) or a splash of colour to reflect your colour theme and add that wow factor.
- The more intricate the design, decoration and handmade elements, the higher the cost will be.
- Consider a dessert table with a smaller tiered cake, beautifully decorated biscuits (favours for your guests) and maybe
- A cutting cake hidden in the kitchen provides additional portions minus elaborate decoration.
- Lemon, chocolate and vanilla sponges are delicious, and although fruit cake is more expensive, it’s a smaller portion which allows for better costs.
Angela Hodson | CakesByAngela | www.instagram.com/angelahodsonjones