Budgeting for your wedding is a delicate balance for all couples. As newlyweds, you’re the centrepiece – with all eyes on you! Your first traditional joint task is to cut your cake, a wedding treat full of memories! Cake designers will always work with your budget, but here are
a few tips to consider.
- Don’t assume everyone likes cake, consider catering for 80 per cent of your guests.
- Cut your cake and have stunning pictures taken before the wedding breakfast. Slices can be served as your wedding breakfast dessert cutting down on the cost of the meal.
- Pick stunning sparkly tier, flowers (fresh, silk or sugar) or a splash of colour to reflect your colour theme and add that wow factor.
- The more intricate the design, decoration and handmade elements, the higher the cost will be.
- Consider a dessert table with a smaller tiered cake, beautifully decorated biscuits (favours for your guests) and maybe
- A cutting cake hidden in the kitchen provides additional portions minus elaborate decoration.
- Lemon, chocolate and vanilla sponges are delicious, and although fruit cake is more expensive, it’s a smaller portion which allows for better costs.
Angela Hodson | CakesByAngela | www.instagram.com/angelahodsonjones
Unlike a national magazine, Your Herts and Beds Wedding is packed with area specific features, venues in your area, inspirational real weddings and regular features on bridal fashion, beauty,
hair & beauty, etc.
So when you decide to look for local suppliers, wedding retailers and service providers, our magazines can really help you plan your wedding.
We also have regular exciting competitions and giveaways, expert question & answer pages and lots more. Quite simply, all the information you will ever need to get married in your area.
We have 19 wedding titles covering counties and regions throughout most of England and Wales. Your Herts and Beds Wedding is available to download for free as a high quality eMagazine. Titles covering other areas are available here.