On the special day, a groom will want to stand out in a suit and create a day to remember while feeling confident. Sharon Cousans at Chimney Formal Menswear share her top advice when it comes to finding the one.
Sharon says: "It’s never too early to start looking for the perfect suit for your wedding day. Follow these simple guidelines for a stress-free and fun experience!
- Decide on what colours suit you before choosing bridesmaids’
dresses, as this colour is often worn close to your face as a tie or cravat – it’s important it doesn’t drain away your natural colour.
- Be prepared to try a range of styles, even those outside of your comfort zone as you may be surprised how good it looks
- There will be many men at your wedding wearing suits, so choose an outfit that makes you stand out with a contrasting, textured or a check or patterned waistcoat. A floral tie will help you look the most distinguished man in the room.
- A waistcoat is the most important part of your outfit; once the jacket’s removed, it will keep you looking smart and distinguished.
- Ensure the suit fits you perfectly, especially the trouser length, and make sure you take shoes to your fitting. Book a final one close to the wedding day.
- Have fun, experiment and find the best suit that makes you feel special and confident as you walk out on your wedding day."