Here is a selection of Q&As from Your Herts and Beds Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to email@example.com
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Moments that matter
Q. Our wedding day is coming up but I'm nervous about making a speech, what advice can you share with me?
A. Laura Cruise says: Public speaking fills many people with dread; having to stand up in front of people, use a microphone or remembering what to say can be nerve-racking. I'm a confidence and self-belief coach and here are my top tips to help you feel more confident…
- The reason you're making the speech is because of the relationship you have with the newlyweds; use that thought to spur you on.
- A wedding crowd is a warm audience who want to hear what you're going to say about the happy couple and are not judging you.
- Be wary as a couple of drinks might help take the edge off your nerves, but too many and you won't be able to deliver the speech properly.
- Make some notes before the day or write the whole speech out if that helps. Even if you don't use the notes, knowing they are there will reassure you.
- Eye contact works; pick somebody in the audience who gives you visual reassurance and focus on them.
- Even if it feels like an eternity, time goes quickly and most speeches are five minutes long – you can do it!.
Laura Cruise,Laura Cruise Coaching
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your Herts and Beds Wedding when making any enquiries.